- Basic knowledge of arithmetic is needed for this course
- A calculator is not required but helpful for certain sections
Algebra 1 is the base of math. It is where students stop solely learning about basic operations. In Algebra 1, students learn how to handle variables, an aspect of math which makes it applicable to many parts of the world. Algebra is the one of the reasons why people say math is everywhere in the world. Whether it be solving for the tax on a bill or finding out how long it takes to get to a certain place, Algebra is key.
I have designed this course based on the structure of a the Common Core Algebra 1 textbook. I will cover everything from evaluating expressions with negative numbers to solving systems of equations. Certain chapters will be longer than others but as a general range, a chapter’s worth of content will range from 40 minutes to 1 hour.
- Anyone looking to gain an understanding of Algebra
- Students looking to review for their Algebra course in school
- People who want to refresh their skills in the fundamentals of math