Augmented Reality 101 – AR Foundation Basics
Develop core augmented reality skills by learning Unity and the cross-platform API AR Foundation to create your first au
Basic understanding of Unity and C#.
You must have an Android or iOS device compatible with AR Foundation.
Learn the necessary fundamentals for developing augmented reality apps within the popular Unity engine. Through this course, you will create a simple object spawning application that allows users to place virtual objects based on their physical environment using their Android or iOS device’s camera. In so doing, you will develop key skills for working with both AR and AR Foundation, Unity’s cross-platform API package that allows you to develop for Android and iOS devices simultaneously. By the end, you will be prepared to create more robust augmented reality apps and games and join a growing, in-demand industry of developers.
You will learn how to:
- Download and configure AR Foundation within Unity
- Use your device’s camera to automatically detect planes
- Set up placement indicators to determine virtual object positions
- Implement tap gestures that allow users to spawn simple objects into the “real world”
Who this course is for:
- Innovators wishing to upskill into cutting edge technologies
- Developers expanding their games with augmented reality
- Anyone interested in novel ways to develop for mobile