- You need some general programming knowledge
Every developer or programmer out there at one point will need to use BASH, so learning how to make scripts is the next logical move. On this course, I will get you up and running with BASH quickly so you can start creating your scripts
Have you ever wondered if there was an easier way to do things with the Terminal? The answer to that is yes, “BASH scripting”. With scripts, you can automate all the commands you have to constantly do in the terminal.
For example: Let’s check out the steps to create a script with bash so we can get an idea of how powerful it is.
1. Find all the files containing the words Edwin Diaz tax
2. Create a folder name TAXES and put those files in there
3. Wait 5 minutes
4. Change the name of those files to edwin-diaz-tax-information
5. Send an email to [email protected] and also to me letting know it’s done!
This is just an example but there are many things you can do with bash that will just make your life easier.
- Students who wish to learn more about the terminal and scripts should take this course