Google Tag Manager for Beginners: A step-by-step guide to getting started with Google Tag Manager
by Julius Fedorovicius (Author)
United States https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083RZ4ZN5
United Kingdom https://amazon.co.uk/dp/B083RZ4ZN5
Learn why tag management is a MUST for a business operating online and why Google Tag Manager is your best free option. Back in the old days, all marketing and analytics tracking codes were added directly to the website’s source code and only developers were able to add/edit/remove them.
Nowadays, the process became easier. Thanks to tag management tools (like Google Tag Manager), digital marketers and analysts get more control over their tracking codes (a.k.a. “tags”).
While developers are not eliminated by GTM (and never should be), the flexibility that marketers and analysts saw greatly increased the speed of tracking/marketing implementation.
A step-by-step process for beginners
In this e-book, you will go through a proven step-by-step process of getting started with GTM. You will learn (but not limited to):
- What is Google Tag Manager and what are its benefits
- How to create your first account
- How to create your first tag and test it
- How to track your first event with Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics
- How to publish your setup
- How to manage migration from the oldschool setup (with Google Analytics only) to the new setup (GTM + GA)
- Further steps on how to improve your Google Tag Manager knowledge
The book contains practical examples enriched with screenshots.