- This course is for leaders and governors in secondary phase schools and academics throughout England.
- It would be good if you had a printed copy of your school’s Ofsted Inspection Data Summary Report – download it from ASP.
- You don’t need any specific software to view the videos.
Ofsted’s new School Inspection Data Summary Report (IDSR) is an updated version of the Ofsted’s Inspection Dashboard that supported the new inspection arrangements from September 2015. It will be used by Inspectors to prepare for short inspections instead of referring to the ASP reports and will inform the initial conversation between HMI and the headteacher. Therefore, you need to understand what it will tell inspectors about your school.
Ofsted have designed it to show at a glance how well previous cohorts demonstrated characteristics of good or better performance showing a brief overview of published data for the last three years using visual displays.
Unfortunately, it is actually a very detailed document and not necessarily straightforward and easy to interpret correctly.
The IDSR is an updated version of the Dashboard, including different types of bar graphs and scatterplots, together with percentile trends over three years.
In this course, we will go through each and every page of the Ofsted Inspection Dashboard, so that by the end, you, other school leaders and your governors will be able to understand what this important document is trying to tell you.
We’ll also go through the Attendance and Persistent Absence pages, and see what analysis you should do before Ofsted arrives.
- This course is for school leaders, governors, and anyone who is interested in secondary school data.
- Because the IDSR is not publically available, parents would get less out of this course.