Basic experience in Electronics
Basic experience in PIC Microcontroller
A Will to apply, not just watch
>>> This Course will teach you how to deal with PIC Microcontroller Timers and Watchdog Timer Programming using Register Manipulation to control Time in your Projects instead of the newbie delay function. <<<
Welcome to this course.
In this course, You will learn what are Timers and what is the difference between Timer 0, 1, and 2 and which one to use in your application. We often use the famous delay function when we need to add a delay in our application, but do you really know what the calling the delay function do to your app in the background?
Most experienced programmers avoid using the delay function for many reasons that we will discuss in this course, we will also explain in a step by step manner how to read PIC Microcontroller registers datasheet to get the Timer information that we want.
You will learn how to replace the delay function with the Timer register delay.
Most likely you did hear about Watchdog timer, but did you try to implement in your PIC Microcontroller project? Do you even know why it might be a life-saving practice to add a watchdog timer to your real-time sensitive applications?
After taking this course, I can assure you that you will treat everything related to Timers and Delays in PIC Microcontroller in a totally different way.
What you’ll learn
- What are Timers
- What is Timer0
- What is the difference between Timer0, Timer1, and Timer2
- How to Interrupt the PIC when the timer overflows
- How to deal with timer register
- How to implement Delay using Timers instead of Delay Function
- Why you shouldn’t use the Delay Function and how it affects your PIC Microcontroller based project
- What is a Watchdog Timer
- How watchdog Timer can help save your life! and why it’s used in very critical real-time projects?
- How to deal with Watchdog Timer
- Why Timers are an essential Peripheral
- Practical Application Examples
Who this course is for:
- PIC Microcontroller Geeks
- Electronics Geeks
- Anyone Interested in Learning New Things about PIC Microcontroller
- Anyone Interested in Learning PIC Microcontroller Timer Registers and how to use them